IT professionals need to constantly learn to keep pace with today’s rapidly evolving technology. To address this need, TechRepublic Academy offers coaching to candidates to enable them to pass a wide range of rigorous tech exams.
Clearly, this assistance can boost an IT career. A network certification provides a solid foundation in enterprise networking and equips professionals with the skills required to progress in an IT network career. A certification is a good way to improve your resume for prospective recruiters.
So whether you’re at the start of your IT career or are well-advanced in your professional journey, having a certificate under your belt demonstrates your hands-on skills and up-to-the-minute knowledge of core IT topics.
Having top guidance through the examination process helps. Below is a list of top TechRepublic Academy courses for those IT staffers who seek to build their career.
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) is a network certification course ideal for junior network administrators, entry-level network engineers, network support technicians, and help desk technicians. The 120-minute exam tests you on IP services, IP connectivity, security fundamentals, network access, automation and programmability, and networking fundamentals.
Earlier, engineers had to take several exams; the NEW 2020 CCNA certification simplifies the process and allows you to take a single exam that encompasses all the subjects. With a CCNA certificate under your belt, you can easily work with advanced networks. You get to:
- Access 64 lectures and 30+ hours of training
- Understand SDN, wireless, automation, and security fundamentals
- Manage and configure wireless and wired network connectivity for the new internet connection model
While there are no prerequisites for taking the exam, a minimum of one year of experience working with Cisco tools is recommended.
The 2021 Cisco CCNA & CCNP Certification Training Bundle
Network administrators looking for a career in Cisco can improve their chances by completing Cisco certifications. The 2021 Cisco CCNA & CCNP Certification Training Bundle is comprised of two courses—Cisco 200-301: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA); and Cisco 350-401: Implementing Cisco Enterprise Network Core Technologies.
Cisco 200-301: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Cisco 200-301 is an associate-level training for junior network admins. After completing this course, candidates can confidently answer questions on IP services, IP connectivity, network access, security fundamentals, and programmability.
- 150 lectures & 46 hours of content 24/7
- Routing protocols like OSPFv2 for IPv4 & OSPFv3 for IPv6
- Information about EtherChannel (static, PAGP, and LACP), STP, and VLANs
- Details of WAN technology and quality of services (QoS)
- Device monitoring protocols like SNMPv2 & SNMPv3
- Guidance in how to perform device management using AAA (authentication, authorization, & accounting) with TACACS+ and RADIUS
Cisco 350-401: Implementing Cisco Enterprise Network Core Technologies
This certification course is designed for those candidates who wish to learn about advanced networking specialties like security, data centers, DevOps, etc.
What you get:
- 47 lectures & 8 hours of content
- Learn about WLANs, SD-WAN, high availability, on-premise versus cloud, QoS, and hardware architectures
- Understand virtualization technologies
- Learn about infrastructure topics, including Layer 2, Layer 3, and IP services
- Discover network assurance technologies like SNMP, NetFlow, DNA Center, syslog, and more
The CompTIA Network+ is an internationally recognized vendor-neutral certification course that tests your skills in managing, configuring, and troubleshooting networks. The Network+ Certification Study Guide will teach you the basics of network administration. With over 53 lectures and 40 hours of training, iCollege’s instructor-led video course that enables you to:
- Design and deploy physical and virtualized networks
- Monitor and troubleshoot networks
- Apply network protocols and standards
- Support routers and switches
- Understand TCP/IP protocols
- Identify threats to the network
- Install network cabling and appliances
The Total CompTIA Network+ Certification N10-007 Prep Course
The CompTIA Network+ Certification is a mid-level certification for network technicians or engineers looking to improve their networking skills. The prep course comprises 172 lectures and is 22 hours in duration, containing all the information required to clear the CompTIA Network+ Certification (N10-007) Exam.
CompTIA Network candidates are expected to have a good understanding of networks. It will also help if you are A+ certified.
What you’ll learn:
- Designing and implementing networks
- Securing TCP/IP
- Network monitoring and troubleshooting
- Building real-time networks and executing network security and protocols
- Ethernet Basics and Ipv6
- How to understand network models, cabling, and topology
Note: As of June 2022, the Network+ N10-007 Exam has been retired and upgraded to Network+ N10-008. Network+ N10-008 is the latest version of Network+ that equips candidates with the necessary skills for a successful career in IT networking. While there is some overlap with N10-007, additions to N10-008 include IoT, virtualization, the cloud, and cellular 5G.
The CompTIA Linux Network Professional Bundle
With the popularity of Linux growing by leaps and bounds, a certification that tests a candidate’s knowledge of Linux enables them to get ahead in their career. The CompTIA Linux Network Professional Bundle is a 62-hour course that trains you for both CompTIA Linux+ (XK0-004) and CompTIA Network+ (N10-007) certification exams.
CompTIA Linux+ (XK0-004)
CompTIA Linux+ (XK0-004) exam equips you with the necessary Linux skills required for succeeding in the IT industry. The training course for CompTIA Linux+ will improve your Linux knowledge and help you easily configure and troubleshoot Linux operating systems.
You’ll learn how to:
- Understand hardware configuration
- Linux troubleshooting
- Maintain systems operations
- Perform Linux installations
- Write bash shell scripts
- Manage directories and files
CompTIA Network+ (N10-007)
As discussed above, the Network+ Certification Study Guide teaches candidates the fundamental principles of network technologies.
The All-Access CompTIA A+ & Network Certification Prep Bundle
The All-Access CompTIA A+ & Network Certification Prep Bundle is a comprehensive bundle that includes 12 courses and involves 162 hours of training. The 12 courses are:
- CompTIA A+ Certification Core 1 (220-1001)
- CompTIA Security+ SY0-501
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CAS-003)
- CompTIA Security+ SY0-601
- TOTAL: CompTIA Network+ Certification (N10-007)
- CompTIA CySA+ Cybersecurity Analyst (CS0-001)
- CompTIA PenTest+ (PT0-001) Ethical Hacking
- TOTAL: Cloud Computing/CompTIA Cloud+ Cert. (CV0-002)
- TOTAL: CompTIA CySA+ Cybersecurity Analyst (CS0-002)
- TOTAL: CompTIA Security+ Certification (SY0-601)
- TOTAL: CompTIA A+ Certification Core 2 (220-1002)
- CompTIA Security+ (SY0-601) Complete Course
The 2022 CompTIA Secure Infrastructure Specialist Certification Course Bundle
The 2022 CompTIA Secure Infrastructure Specialist Certification Course Bundle offers four courses to give you a good grasp of fundamental network and security concepts.
What’s included in the bundle?
- CompTIA A+ (220-1001/220-1002) – CompTIA A+ 220-1001 covers mobile devices, network troubleshooting hardware, networking technology, virtualization, and cloud computing. CompTIA A+ 220-1002 covers operational procedures, installing and configuring OS, security, and software troubleshooting.
- CompTIA Network+ (N10-008): Use the latest standards to operate, implement, secure and troubleshoot an IT environment.
- CompTIA Security+ (SY0-601): Provides hands-on cybersecurity skills to pursue a career in IT security.
Leave a Reply